Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's Go Time

It seems unreal that in less than three days I will have arrived in Jinja, Uganda. More than half of that time (roughly 30 hours) will be spent in transit!

We just received our orientation schedules, and I was very excited to see that we will be taking a trip to Bujagali Falls on the Nile River! Ever since I received my internship offer in February I began researching Uganda, and pictures of these falls have mesmerized me and quickly became my desktop image. This side trip will definitely get my Summer To Do list well underway!

Other priorities on that list are:
  • Surviving
  • Visiting the textile market
  • Go to Kampala
  • Experience a church service
  • Safari!!!!
  • White water rafting on the Nile!!
...and so much more!. But, I'm not going to just give it all away, you will just have to come back and read more.

While you wait for more posts, feel free to enjoy this picture of Bujagali Falls and try to picture Mallory and I right there off to the side!

2 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic and I hope you give us all the details about your to do list. So proud of you girl! Have fun, be safe and come home with stories for a life time. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful that you were able to see the falls your very first day. We had just been looking at pictures last week. So excited for you.

    ReplyDelete