Friday, July 15, 2011

Muzungus Must Taste Delicious

The other day, I was playing with my little brother and sister, Barbara and Precious. Barbara is 5 years old and Precious (he's a boy) is 2 and a half. Since I feel like a lazy bum around my house - someone has to help me fetch water, cook meals for me, brings me tea, and even had to help me open my own door - my contribution to the household is playing with the younger kids.

I was chasing the two around, pretending to try to eat Precious's feet and hands. He loves this, and always shrieks and runs away. I guess he wanted to do it to me too, because he chased me, making biting noises. I thought it was cute until he ran up to me and - HOM - took a big chunk out of my thigh.
(Me with Barbara, 5 yrs old)

This is kind of a random story, but I think it just demonstrates how hilarious and awesome it is to live with a host family. My mom always asks me all kinds of questions about what life is like in America, and it was especially funny when I told her a story of when I got my bellybutton pierced and didn't tell my parents. "You mean you didn't get kicked out of the house??!?" My other sister, Bridget, makes beaded bracelets and rings for me.

They will definitely be on my list of things I will miss in Uganda!

No comments:

Post a Comment